Terms and Conditions
STANDARD RENTAL RATES INCLUDE :
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL SERVICES :
- Unlimited kilometers
- Standard insurance cover
- Full gas bottles, fuel and water tanks
- Roadside assistance
- Airport transfers
- Travel pack including maps and relevant information
- All applicable taxes
- Introduction to the vehicle and equipment
MINIMUM RENTAL DURATION AND COSTINGS :
- Shopping service prior to arrival
- Route planning and booking assistance
- Additional insurance options (see rental quotation)
OFFICE HOURS :
- Minimum rental period is 3 days
- Each day is a 24 hour period
- Where camp equipment is included the day of pick up and drop off are counted as full days irrespective of the time collected or returned.
- On vehicles without camp equipment days are calculated on a 24-hour period from the collection time.
- No refunds are applicable for early returns unless arranged in advance and agreed by Kwenda.
- 08H00 TO 17H00 Monday to Friday
- Deliveries and collections are included from Monday to Saturday during normal office hours, after hours, on Sundays or public holidays there will be a delivery fee of R185.00 per vehicle/airport transfer.
- Mobile contact numbers are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
South Africa : Johannesburg and Cape Town
Botswana : Kasane or Maun (depo only, delivery fees applicable)
Namibia : Windhoek (depo only, delivery fees applicable)
REPAIRS AND MECHANICAL FAILURES :
COLLISION DAMAGES AND ACCIDENTS :
- Repairs of up to R1000.00 can be effected without prior authorization. On higher amounts prior authorization is required from Kwenda.
- In most cases vehicles are still covered under the new vehicle manufacturers warranty and their warranty conditions will apply where mechanical failures occur. It is important to remember that Kwenda is not the manufacturer of the vehicle or equipment but will do its utmost to select and offer the best and most recommended vehicles and equipment.
- Where serious mechanical failures occur due to standard wear and tear and which cannot be repaired timeosly a replacement vehicle will be supplied.
- All accidents must be reported to the local police within 24 hours.
- Where collision damages render a vehicle unusable, a replacement vehicle can be supplied by Kwenda if available but all costs are for the expense of the Hirer.
- The hirer is responsible for the return of the damaged vehicle to the original office if outside of the countries of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland or Lesotho.
- No refund will be given for lost days due to collision damages.
- Should the Hirer continue with a new replacement vehicle then a new rental contract and insurance conditions will apply.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS :
- Standard Insurance cover, which covers 95% of the vehicle’s value, is included on all vehicles and in all rates quoted. This is not full cover and excess is applicable, the monetary value of which depends on the vehicle category.
- Additional insurance cover is available at additional cost with reduced excess for both collision and theft damages.
MULTIPLE RENTALS :
- The Kwenda 4wd vehicles are allowed on all bitumen/tar and gravel roads as well as all recognized public tracks in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Swaziland, Malawi. Special permission is required for any other countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE :
- Multiple rentals can be combined to qualify for a longer rental rate.
- If for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, Kwenda reserve the right to substitute the vehicle with another vehicle in the same category or in a higher category. This shall not constitute a breach of contract or entitle the hirer to a refund.
The hirer is fully responsible for any damage or related costs to the Kwenda vehicle or third party if:
PLEASE NOTE :
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damage to the vehicle or equipment caused by careless or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Water submersion or salt-water damage.
- If the vehicle is abandoned and no contact is made by the Hirer to Kwenda.
- Driving on restricted or closed roads.
Rates and conditions may be subject to change without notice. All information may be subject to change and all measurements and volumes shown are approximate.